If you are a couple who are interested in getting fully legally married where you want, when you want, and how you want – then this website is for you!
If you want a ritual that is spiritual, unique, beautiful and memorable – whether it is a fully legal Pagan handfasting, a simple but genuine ceremony, or a renewal of vows – then read on!
If you want more choice over how you get married – then Orkney Pagan Weddings can help!
Scottish marriage law permits marriage rituals performed by an approved Scottish Pagan Federation Celebrant to be treated as fully legal Pagan marriages under the Marriage (Scotland) Act 1977 and to be recognised as fully legal throughout Britain and the rest of the world. This means that you can, in effect, get married anywhere you want to: a stone circle, a beach by moonlight, a dappled woodland … and that you can also get married HOW you want to.
On this website you will find information on:
• The legal process and requirements when getting married in Scotland using a Scottish Pagan
Federation approved Celebrant
• Orkney / Pagan wedding / handfasting rituals – some traditions and background
• Suitable sites to get married at in Orkney
• Information about who runs Orkney Pagan Weddings and how to contact us
* We define a "Pagan" as someone who finds "deity"/"spirit"/"energy" expressed through nature - we
are aware that different definitions exist and we honour all paths.